- Monday April 17, 2017 – How do I use the U.S. Census? – Middletown, CT The U.S. census is a great place to start tracing your ancestors. Learn what census years are available, what information they contain and how to access them. Please bring questions. Class will meet from 6:30-8:30 pm at Middletown Adult Education. Register at https://www.maect.org/CourseCatalog/ScheduleView.asp?ScheduleId=8100.
- Thursday April 20+27, 2017 – Italian Genealogy – Middletown, CT Do you have Italian ancestry? Join us for a combined genealogy and language course: discover records that will help you trace your family’s past, such as civil registration and passenger records; learn how to read birth, death, and marriage records; and more. Class will meet from 8:00-9:30 pm at Middletown Adult Education. Register at https://www.maect.org/CourseCatalog/ScheduleView.asp?ScheduleId=8060.
- Tuesday April 25, 2017 – The Research Process- Middletown, CT Are you stuck? It may be time to change how you do your genealogy research. Learn how posing a research question, keeping a research log, and writing a research report, can help you achieve your research goals. This course will introduce formal genealogy research techniques. Class will meet from 6:30-8:30 pm at Middletown Adult Education. Register at https://www.maect.org/CourseCatalog/ScheduleView.asp?ScheduleId=7996
- Monday May 1-8 2017 – Explore Your Family Tree- Plainville, CT
Ever wondered where your great-grandfather was born, what his life in the military was like, or what he did for a living? Learn how census and military records can help you discover your family’s past. To register, contact Plainville Adult Education.
- Tuesday May 2, 2017 – I got my Ancestry DNA results. Now what?- Middletown, CT You’ve received your Ancestry DNA results. Now learn how to read them. We will discuss how to work with the public trees and more. Please bring questions and your Ancestry login information. Class will meet from 6:30-8:30 pm at Middletown Adult Education. Register at https://www.maect.org/CourseCatalog/ScheduleView.asp?ScheduleId=8102.
- What DNA Test should I take?
- Using FamilySearch.org
- Discovering the Websites of the National Archives and Library of Congress
- Organizing and Storing Your Family Papers
- Death Records
- Introduction to Civil War Genealogy
- Quebec Records
- Discovering Iconn.org
- Irish Genealogy
- Using the GRS to trace your Revolutionary War ancestors
Please contact me about additional courses. I am always available to teach or lecture to groups on a variety of topics.