Skip to content
- Wheaton Public Library (Wheaton, IL): September 25, 2021, 1:00-3:00 (central). The Revolutionary War Lineage Societies. Does a family story stay that you qualify for the Daughters of the American? Join us for a program introducing the Revolutionary War lineage societies. The program will open with an overview of the major societies before moving into the application process. It will cover the documents required for the application and identify some of the resources that can help you locate them. Even if you don’t intend to apply to a lineage society, you will leave with an understanding of the major sources you can use to document your Revolutionary War ancestry. Register here.
- Waterford Public Library (Waterford, CT): October 2, 2021, 10:30-11:30. Genealogy Basics: Introduction to FamilySearch. Designed to introduce an audience to a valuable – and free! – resource, this program introduces attendees to the workings of the website FamilySearch. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides FamilySearch free of charge to everyone, regardless of tradition, culture, or religious affiliation. Register here.
- Essex Library Association (Essex,CT): October 9, 23, 2021 and November 6, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00. Genealogy Tech.
- Russell Library (Middletown, CT): October 27, 2021, 7:00-8:15. Beyond the Gravestone: Researching Death Records in Connecticut. Your ancestor’s death is part of their story. Join us for a program discussing the resources that can help you document it, including death records, gravestone transcriptions, church records, burial transit permits, and more. While the program will focus on Connecticut records, the principles being covered can be used to research ancestors from other states. Register here.
- MILE (Middletown, CT): November 2, 2021, 1:30-3:00. Genealogy Basics: FamilySearch. Want to dive into genealogy research but on a limited budget? The website FamilySearch is the perfect place to get started. Join us for an introduction to this free site, which includes access to records, how to guides, classes, and more. Register here.
- Windsor Public Library (Windsor, CT): November 8, 2021, 6:30-7:30. Genealogy Basics: The U.S. Census.
- Durham Public Library (Durham, CT): November 18, 2021, 6:00-7:00. Your Pilgrim Roots. Does Thanksgiving have you wondering about the family tale that you’re descended from a Pilgrim? Join us to learn how to document your family stories about Mayflower ancestry. This presentation will introduce the migration routes out of Plymouth colony, so that you can determine which of your family lines is most likely to have Mayflower roots; identify the sources most used to document Mayflower families; and cover the basics of an application to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Register here.