Skip to content
- The Genealogical Society of New Jersey: May 18, 2022, 8:00. Trace Your Revolutionary Roots. What did your ancestor do to support the American cause? Whether you’re looking to document service for the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution or simply to learn more about your family’s past, this program will help you find out. Register here.
- Soule Branch, Onondaga County Public Libraries. May 20, 2022, 10:00. The Revolutionary War Lineage Societies. Does a family story say that you qualify for the Daughters of the American Revolution? Join us for a program introducing the Revolutionary War lineage societies. The program will open with an overview of the major societies before moving into the application process. It will cover the documents required for the application and identify some of the resources that can help you locate them. Even if you don’t intend to apply to a lineage society, you will leave with an understanding of the major sources you can use to document your Revolutionary War ancestry. Register here.
- New Canaan Library (New Canaan, CT): June 8, 2022, 7:00. Genealogy Class Part I: Learning to use FamilySearch (Zoom): Are you interested in researching your family’s history? Your search will be made much easier by using the online database FamilySearch. Join Bryna O’Sullivan from Charter Oak Genealogy as she introduces the basics of FamilySearch in this first of a two-part series. As a FamilySearch affiliate library member, you now have free and convenient access to over 6 billion searchable names and 2 billion images of historical genealogical records, both nationally and internationally. Register here.
- New Canaan Library (New Canaan, CT): June 15, 2022, 7:00. Genealogy Class Part II: US Census Records (Zoom): Are you researching your family history? Part two of our genealogy series with Bryna O’Sullivan from Charter Oak Genealogy focuses on the use of census records in one’s search. If you are just getting started in family history research, this program covers one of the foundational sources for researching U.S. ancestors with recent updates on the 1950 Census records. Register here.
- Windsor Public Library (Windsor, CT): August 8, 2022, 6:30. Cradle to Grave: Documenting Birth, Death, and Marriage in Your Family Search: Learn how to access and use Connecticut vital records, church records, gravestones, and more to learn more about someone in your family.