Do you have an application to the Daughters of the American Revolution, the Sons of the American Revolution, the General Society of Mayflower Descendants, the Colonial Dames, or another lineage society in process? Are you wondering how to proceed?
Here are some helpful tips:
- Don’t panic! You can still work on your application.
- If you have yet to gather all your documentation, keep researching. Many vital records offices and archives are still filling mail requests. Don’t forget to check FamilySearch to see if the required records have been microfilmed.
- Have all your documentation? Get it organized. Sort your supporting documentation by generation. Make a list of all your citations.
- Ready to submit? File the request with the historian or registrar. (Most are working by email from home.)
- Follow their submission instructions precisely. They may ask you to submit a digital copy or to mail to a different address so that it can be reviewed by genealogists working from home.
- Be patient! Societies are still reviewing. Things are just moving more slowly, since everyone’s working from home.