How do I document Revolutionary War service for ancestors from New Hampshire?

Do you need to document service for an ancestor from New Hampshire to complete a Daughters of the American Revolution or Sons of the American Revolution application?

Deb Duay’s “Sources of Revolutionary War Service“, as always needs to be your first stop. She has sources listed covering military, patriotic, and civil service.

Not finding your ancestor? Start with the area’s town historian. They are often incredible resources on local history and may know a resource you’ve missed. Check neighboring states. The closest regiment at the time may now be across a border. The family papers collection at the New Hampshire Historical Society may provide some hints.

Have more questions or still not finding what you need? Contact us.

Published by Bryna O'Sullivan

Proprietor of Charter Oak Genealogy, Bryna O'Sullivan specializes in assisting clients with lineage society applications and with French to English genealogical translations.

%d bloggers like this: